Cher
Cher, Relationship Enthusiast
Experience:  Extensive experience as Educator/Teacher, M.A., Counselor, Spouse, Parent, Psychic Advisor
1470369

Some time ago, I broke the love of my lifes heart when I forced

Customer Question

Some time ago, I broke the love of my lifes heart when I forced her to have an abortion she never wanted. I have done nothing but break promises to her and treat her wrong ever since. The other day she ended our relationship because she couldn't take it anymore. The thing is that only now do I actually realise what I've been like. She still loves me, I know that, but I have never undersood how to her her recover from the pain. Is it possible for her and can she ever forgive me? Also, how do I pick up the pieces? She was the love of my life and I had planned to spend the rest of my life with her. What do I do?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Cher replied 8 years ago.

I don't want to give you false hope, and from the details you've related, I don't think it will be possible to salvage your relationship and win her back. It's a positive thing, that you realize how badly you treated her and understand why she finally left the relationship.

If you write her a letter and tell her how badly you feel about forcing her to terminate her pregnancy all that time ago, and realize the pain never goes away, and are just as honest with her and as sincere as you have been here, I think it will be helpful. It will help her to see that she is not the only one in pain from these actions that were taken so long ago.

I think, as far as picking up the pieces, you're on the right track by simply saying you would like to accomplish this, but for the time being, I think you should get your own life in order and resolve your feelings for her, before moving on. In a while, when you feel ready, you can start dating again, and hopefully, there will be another woman whom you will treat well and will turn out to be another love of your life.

If you're positive there is no future for the two of you, you'll have to move on, and hope that she will find the happiness she deserves, also. When you love someone, sometimes, it's best to let them go, if you are not the one who can make them happiest. Because you love her, you will want to see her happy, if you know you can't do this for her.

I wish you much good luck!

Cher