Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues
1042561

our daughter is 27 yrs old and from a wealthy family. She is

our daughter is 27 yrs old and from a wealthy family. She is going to get married this summer to a really nice guy and he is not from a wealthy family. She is used to having nice things and he is very frugal but doesn't mind receiving nice things and doesn't say anything when she pays for her own expensive things. Could the difference in their backgrounds be a problem? She has her own trust fund and buys the home plus any big ticket items she may want that he would consider not necessary. He seems fine with this but will it ruin the relationship eventually?
Hello Kilgores,

really anything can ruin a marriage, it's not about what his financial background is, if he's a good man who communicates with her and is compassionate, caring and in love with her, there will be very little that they won't be able to overcome. Money does tend to be a big factor in relationships, and it could cause problems if he's proud and starts to think that she's better than him.She may resist, but you may want to talk to her about a pre-nup depending on the divorce laws in her state. Regardless of how you feel about it, if she loves him enough to want to marry him then you have to support her, if it works out, great....if not, she'll need to know that you are there for her. I welcome your thoughts, let me know if you want to talk more.

Chase
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi, Thank You for your reply. Your answer helps a lot. We do have a pre-nup ready to have them sign and we will pray that all goes well. Thanks
You're very welcome. All the best for your daughter. Feel free to request me by name anytime you have a question.

Happy Holidays

Chase
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you and I'm sure that I will need you more!!!