Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues

Mixed signals or am I just dumb

I am very fond of a certain female and she has known this for a little while now. I have made attempts to pursue her but have been shot down before. I have asked her many times to explain her feelings about me and the situation but the closest thing I have gotten from her is that she still feels uncomfortable around me. (I tend to come off as very shy.) Her family tells me that she talks about me, and to be more aggresive but in my opinion when I try to step it up she totally withdraws from me. I would like to say she's shy as well but she has dated while all this has gone on. Is this a game she plays? Is she just confused? Or am I just hoping for the impossible?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 7 years ago.
hello Baxter

Why would she feel uncomfortable around you?

What are your ages?

Where do you know her from?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I cant really tell you except that when we get together where just really quiet around each other. And I dont think shes used to anyone being really honest and forward with her. I believe shes kind of used to the guys that are loud and bold. Plus we didnt talk for a while because I told her that I didnt feel she was being honest with me. she feel that if she doesnt say anything then its not lying but its still hiding the truth in my eyes.

Im 28 and shes 24

I am good friends with her brother

Expert:  Ms Chase replied 7 years ago.

thank you for that additional information. If she knows that you like her, and yet she's continued to date through all of this, then either there's something that is bothering her about you, thats preventing her from being able to come to you, or she's not into you 'like that'. I find that if someone likes you, you don't really have to ask, even if they are shy, they will give you some type of indication that they are interested. In my opinion, if she really liked you, there's no way she would have dated other people. You can only do so much, despite what her family says. Her brother should be able to give you some indication of how she really feels, even if she won't. I wouldn't keep pushing her, if and when she's ready, she can let you know. You can even tell her that you're going to leave it alone and if she ever changes your mind and you're single to let you know. I welcome your thoughts, let me know if you want to talk more