Kate McCoy
Kate McCoy, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues
54658078

My boyfriend and I have been together for three years. He has

Customer Question

My boyfriend and I have been together for three years. He has a condo in Long Beach and I have a studio in Pasadena. He is 37 and I am 27. He's at my studio 99% of the time and sleeps over 100% of the time because he works by my studio. He has a friend, who is a 23 yrs. old girl, who just came here from Swedin and because she wants to become a cop, she can't be around people who has a felony record. She was staying with one of her friends but now she's staying at my boyfriend's condo because she couldn't stay at her friend's place anymore because one of them just got out of prison. This is the story my boyfriend told me. Should I be upset that she moved in? He told me the situation and asked me if I was going to be okay and I told him "yes" but I'm really not. She doesn't have a job but her payback is to clean up his condo because it's a mess. He told me that she's just a friend and they met before he met me and he only gave her a goodbye peck on the lips when she left to Swedin.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 5 years ago.
When did she move in?

Did he ask you how you felt about it before she moved in?

Do you ever spend time at his house?

Does he stay at his condo?

Have you met her/talked to her?

Why would he peck her on the lips as opposed to cheek?

When did she go to sweden?

Chase
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
She moved in last Monday, so it's been about a week and 3 days. Yes, he told me the situation the day before she moved in and asked me how I felt about it and told him it was okay. I'm never at his place because it's about aXXXXXfrom my place. No, he's been there about once and today since she moved in. The day after she moved in he left from my house while I was asleep at 3 in the morning because she called him because his toilet was overflowing, then he came back to my place around 4:40 in the morning after he took care of the plumbing problem. That's about it, other than that, he's never slept at his place. He sleeps at my place and that's what he told me he was going to do from the beginning. I just got off the phone with him and he's at his place with her right now. I'm going to pick him up tonight at his place because he's going to let her borrow his car for tomorrow because she has an appointment with the deputy because she wants to become a cop. I don't know why he gave her a peck on the cheek. I'm not really sure when she went to Sweden, but I know it's right before I met him. Is there anything I should ask him to help you help me?
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 5 years ago.
where did he meet her?

Has he ever given you a reason not to trust him?

Chase
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No. I just don't want to get cheated because it's happened to me too many times

Expert:  Ms Chase replied 5 years ago.
has it happened with him?

Chase
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, he's been on both sides before and he told me that he knows how it feel and he's matured and doesn't have time to be playing games.
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 5 years ago.
I didn't understand your last response. Has he ever cheated on you? Has he ever given you reason not to trust him?

Chase
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no, he's never cheated on me before but he's been cheated on and he's cheated before with his ex, so he's been on both sides and he knows how it feels.