Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues
1042561

I have a boss at the moment but a co-worker that is always

I have a boss at the moment but he actually is on the same level in our company anyway he always plays with his wedding ring alot whenever we speak. Today we were in our one on one meeting alone and he lost control of it! It came off as instead of the normal twisting he was actually taking it on and off and well dropped on the desk. He does this a lot and I always want to know why he is doing it then today it dropped and slipped off and was kind of funny. I think he flirts with me and always looking at me but doesn't want me to know that but then it's an odd mix message at times...I'm also married and when I brought my husband to work for the first time as he knew we would be in together as I mentioned it he never came by my office and left early? Odd because he is always walking by or checks in? I should mention that he came to the same building I work at by his choice and found that even more strange because he just started in a differnet building that I could not get out to as much .Help what is he trying to tell me? Or is this just something I'm not reading correctly? We are both married and high up with our company and wonder if he is going to try to make a move soon? Did I mention he has two children 5 and 1 and he was married at 26...Please help me out with answers thanks so much!
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 5 years ago.
Hello Starlette,

Are you interested in getting involved with him?

What are your ages?

Chase
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

If we were both single and if there were not any children involved--yes I would be intereseted.

I'm complelty dedicated to my marriage and living in this life now and was not raised to distXXXXX XXXXXves or a career.

I'm 33 and he is 32.

Looking for your thoughts to my above situation from the ring incedent today what does that mean? to the additional info I listed above.

Thank you so much again for your help.

Expert:  Ms Chase replied 5 years ago.
Hello Starlette,

Please excuse the delay.

It wasn't my intention to imply that you would destXXXXX XXXXXves or careers, only to see what you wanted to do in the situation. When you said is he going to make a move soon, it sounded as if you wanted him to, which is why I was asking.

Him playing with his ring could just be a habit. Some people play with their hair, others play with their jewelry, collar, buttons, pen, etc. However, it could also mean that he's uncomfortable with the ring because he's attracted to you and the ring is a symbol that he's untouchable.

When it's really obvious like dropping it, he could be trying to make it a focal point between the two of you, so that you are both well aware of "the elephant in the room" so to speak..the unspoken tension....

I welcome your thoughts, let me know if you want to talk more

Chase
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks and please disregard as I emailed for an answer thank you for getting back to me tonight. Your website leads someone to believe that if we pay we get an answer quickly the same day so was concern that my reply did not get to you.

Thank you for you comments

Expert:  Ms Chase replied 5 years ago.
Usually we do, sometimes the emails don't get to us, and thats what happened this time, I did not know that you had relplied until I got a message from the mod. Did you have any other thoughts about this?

Chase
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

yes, I was wondering with the rest of my story and the flirting I think with me is wierd as he is married with kids. I had to stay late and work and my husband kept calling and I was busy he noticed this and said oh you better go home and tell him I say hi...strange as he has never met him....then today he said how did everything go last night and I told him good everything is great then I said not sure why my husband kept calling me then he said something and said "I better not and then I said what he said no I better not say I questioned him again and he said oh well he probebly just wanted to see you. Then he said you got yourself a good guy then I quickly replied and said yes of course I picked a great guy. Anyway not sure what to take away from that today?

I guess I'm just confused if I'm reading him wrong. I also think perhaps I should just pull back go in my office and do my work and if he comes to my office well then we shall see?

Let me know your thoughts if you can thanks much!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Let me know your thoughts if you can thanks much
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 5 years ago.
It does sound as if he's flirting or interested. I don't think it's weird, people flirt, and cheat all the time, married and with kids. If he's willing to cheat, you have to wonder if he's cheated before and if it was someone on the job, or if this is something he's only ever thought about and he's focused his interest on you. (Of course if you were to ask he might likely deny it, but most people that are willing to get involved with someone outside of their marriage have done it before or have seriously thought about it.) What you do, really depends on what you want. If you feed into whatever it is he's going through, then he's going to think that you are interested and possibly might get involved with him in some way. If you don't want to lead him on or get involved with him, you do have to pull away and not feed into the little things he does like saying "i better not" and having you kind of pull it out of him...thats an old flirting trick. Again, it all boils down to what you want to happen.

Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience: Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues