Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues
1042561

My husband and I have been married for 10 years. We have 3

My husband and I have been married for 10 years. We have 3 boys together ages 11, 7, 15 months. With our older one getting into jr high and getting his own opinions has been very hard for my husband to deal with his opinions and comment. instead of talking to him about it he just yells at him, and than he is in a really bad mood toward everyone else. so we are bound to have a bad day nomatter which way we go.If they dont do something right when he tells them to he get even madder. my 11 year is now seeing a coulser and I am still on dession med from my last sons birth. My husband and I dont ever have sex do to him not being able to get an exrosion ( hard) and his is very frastuioing for me because before we were married i was wanting sex all the time and now I cant even get it any more. He does have other health problems and I am sure that is what or helping the sexual problem, but I have told him I would go to the doctor with him to ask what we can do, but he wont.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 5 years ago.
Hello Der,

There's a lot going on here, and the fact that your 11 year old is in counseling is disturbing, because your husband can be causing damage to him that can last his entire life. The fact that he is unable to get an erection could be a physical problem, where he does definitely need to see the doctor to rule out cancer or anything else that could be going on with him. It could also be a mental thing where he is angry about something (work, family, life) and that's causing a problem with him getting an erection. The botXXXXX XXXXXne is if he doesn't check into it, he won't know. The first step is going to the doctor to rule out a physical problem, and once a physical problem is ruled out, then he has to check into the mental problem and see if it's something that's bothering him.

His anger, yelling and bad mood can have a negative affect on the entire family, not just on their moods or their personalities but it can make all of you physically sick too from worry and anxiety. At some point you may have to decide if you want to keep the kids in the same environment as him or if he refuses to get any type of help, if you might want to separate for a while and see if he comes to his senses.

Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience: Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues