JR, M.A.
JR, M.A., Mental Health Professional
Experience:  I have a master's degree in clinical psychology and am currently finishing my doctoral degree.

I have a seemingly perfect boyfriend-he does everything for

I have a seemingly perfect boyfriend-he does everything for me, he is caring and sweet. The other night his email was up and I looked at it. There are very racy messages he sent another woman, and talks of meetings when I am not around- it's unclear whether or not this actually occurred. He swears up and down that it was just flirting, and that he is sorry and he never slept with the girl- I am not sure what to do. I love him, and I believe that he loves me, but I find it hard to believe that this was merely an internet exchange. Please help
Category: Relationship
Expert:  JR, M.A. replied 5 years ago.
Hi Jennifer,

What are your ages?

How long have you been together?

What exactly would you like my professional opinion about?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am 26 and he is 41

we have been together for about two months

What should I do next? What should I ask him? Should I just end the relationship?
Expert:  JR, M.A. replied 5 years ago.
Hi Jennifer,

I would be concerned that he is being this dishonest with you 2 months into the relationship. First of all, "just flirting" is never "just flirting" with men. If a man is flirting with a woman, he probably has some sexual interest in her. Additionally, it is likely that there has been more than just talk, especially if he mentioned meeting up with this other woman when you are not around. I would not trust this guy one bit...especially, given the fact that he is single and 41 years old. Honestly, dating someone your age, he is probably going through a mid-life crisis and is just playing the field. In my honest opinion, I would recommend that you end this relationship before it gets worse. The reality is that if he is already flirting with other women and he claims to love you...he is more in love with himself than anything.

Please click the green ACCEPT button so that I get paid for my work. Bonuses are greatly appreciated if you found my answer worthy.
JR, M.A., Mental Health Professional
Experience: I have a master's degree in clinical psychology and am currently finishing my doctoral degree.