KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Experience:  Relationship expert for almost three years with

My boyfriend and I rarely have arguments. But what will happen

Customer Question

My boyfriend and I rarely have arguments. But what will happen from time to time is he'll get aggravated at something that I did or said and then just not talk to me about it. He holds it in and I can grill him and apologize till i'm blue in the face, and he won't talk. His answer to everything, I'm ok, its fine. But his body language and demeanor says it all. I'll end up leaving his house in tears and he'll continue to be distant with me until the next day or a few hours have past. Then he acts like nothing happened and hes back to his old loving self again. And I'm left with no closure. I'll call him and text a million times and he still won't budge. Until the next Dr.Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Is this a sign of a problem? Is this normal? He's always been this way to but It's emotionally draining. He tells me he loves me every day and is an overall great boyfriend to me. But this is how he handles our disputes. And its usually right before I head home late night. What should I do
Category: Relationship
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What are your ages?

-How long have you been dating?

-Have you told him this bothers you?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
We are both 26 years old.
We've been together for about 2 and a half years so far.
And I just recently told him I felt about it, and his response is normally I love you, lets jst forget it and move on and i'm sorry.
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 7 years ago.

A feew more questions:

-Does he suffer from depression or bi-polar do you know?

-When you tell him how you feel about it does he try to change afterwards?

-Do you know what kind of family life he had growing up and as a young boy?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
He does suffer from a form of depression. But nothing severe. He gets stressed out alot about the drama with his son's mom. He's a single dad. He comes from a good family. Parents have done alot for him. When I tell him how I feel when those moments occur, he usually apologizes, but then if we have another arguement or something, which we rarely have, he act the same way.
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 7 years ago.

Since it rarely happens then I would chalk it up to his depression along with stresses from his son's mother and he doesn't know where to channel that anger so he channels it on you. If he could learn to channel his anger at the real people or person that deserves it maybe he could stop using you as his sounding board he may not mean to treat you that way and since you said it rarely happens maybe you can talk to him when it happens and calm him down a bit, tell him you want to be there for him no matter what he is going through but you cannot be there if he continues to run from it. If it's so few and far between then maybe you could endure it and wait out the storm for the sake to keeping the peace there may be times he just needs to be alone and that is how he goes about getting that space. He also should not keep things bottled up to the point were he shows that behavior when he has reached his boiling point. Communication may be something he is not good at when he is angry and would rather go away and calm down and then things will be okay.