TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues

Seriously dating 9mos. My girlfriend and I have a long distance

Customer Question

Seriously dating 9mos. My girlfriend and I have a long distance relationship. She broke up with me Nov 15. She stated that she did not feel that I was madly in love with her and wanted someone that was madly in love with her. Additionally, she is afraid that I cannot change and that I will be unexpressive later or 6 months from now I will go back to being the same person and she will be in the same boat. I was planning on asking her to marry me on Thanksgiving. I have told her all of this. She is not reading my emails, text, or accepting my phone calls. (no calls in two weeks). I have not been very verbally expressive about my love for her, but I am madly in love with her. I went crazy texting and emailing her the first week. I havent texted or emailed her in a week. My best approach to regaining our relationship? How long before trying to contact her again? This is second breakup. first was 2 months in for same reason she did not feel I loved her. She is a brilliant computer engineer
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 7 years ago.
what are your ages?

You have not spoken to her in two weeks?

How far are you from her?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am 32, she is 28 and has a 2yr old daughter.

I have not personally spoken to her since the 15th.

I live in miami, she lives in Seattle.

unfortunately I barraged her with txt and emails and went to talk to her parents the first week. She then feared that I would show up for thanksgiving and emailed me not to show up and that she does not think I can change. She also stated that she is not reading my txt or emails.

I decided not to go and stop contact for a while. I was being selfish by trying to initiate contact for my own needs, instead of considering her needs. I have not tried to contact her since and she has not tried to contact me either.