KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Experience:  Relationship expert for almost three years with

I am seeing someone that is infatuated with me. we have been

Customer Question

I am seeing someone that is infatuated with me. we have been seeing each other for about two months, but have not had sex. Is he infatuated because we have not had sex? will his infatuation go away once we have had sex? what do you think. also, will the sexual relation ship be better if you wait to have sex?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What are your ages?

-How long are you planning on waiting to have sex?

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I am 33 , he is 36.

As I said we have been seeing each other for 2 months. I do not think I have a rule as far as how long I want to wait, I am ready to take the relationship to the next level, but I am in no hurry and do not want to make a mistake I could regret.

He is infatuated with me, but I am not sure that part of the infatuation that he feels is exactly because we have not had sex. So again, I am ready, but just wonder ...

Expert:  KimberlyF replied 7 years ago.

Every relationship is different and you can not judge your first sexual experience with your boyfriend to others, sometimes men wait and are patient and others they are curious to what it feels like to be with that person and it could come across as infatuation but really it's lust. If you have been dating for two months and he hasn't tried anything yet and is being patient then I would make it when you are ready and feel comfortable getting intimate with your boyfriend if he feels you are worth the wait he will wait and if he is a jerk he will get mad and leave and he hasn't done that yet. If you feel comfortable talking to him about this maybe you should ask him if he is with you for the intimacy or is he there because he truly cares about you and wants a relationship. In every relationship it's a chance you take to hold off on sex and knowing whether or not they like you because they want to get intimate or like you because of you, I think he likes you because you are you and not what you can give him because he can get that anywhere but he stays with you.