Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues

Hi, I have this major issue with two boys. One of the two,

Hi, I have this major issue with two boys. One of the two, Jethro, is the same age as me, he is a bit arrogant, likes to be the best in the class. But, he is very talented in music as i am, he's really nice to me ect. The second boy, Kyle, is two years younger , he does dance like me, and is also talented in the music area. My friends all say he goes red and is embarrassed whenever i talk to him. I find him very cute, but lately I've been thinking about if i went out with him. Is this wrong? My parents are 4 years apart, my mother being the eldest. So i thought, if mum was older, can't i be? Anyway my friends say that it's my choice of who i like but I'm not sure. It is apparent that Jethro likes me as well. I hope I've given you enough information to draw conclusions from. Thanks for any advice you can give me. Tash,
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 7 years ago.
Hello Tash,

What do you think would be bad about dating someone younger?

Which one do you like more?

Have you known both of them the same amount of time?

Have you ever talked to Kyle?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

My friends seem to think that dating someone younger or shorter is a bad thing. So i guess they might have influenced me a bit.

Um, as to which one i like more... i have no idea. I was hoping you could tell me which one seems better.

I've known Jethro alot longer than Kyle but i haven't talked to him as much as Kyle. That answers your last question as well.

Expert:  Ms Chase replied 7 years ago.
Well, there's no way I could tell you, since I don't know either guy :) But what you can do is make a list for each guy, and put the pros and cons of each one. You don't have to make a decision right off because you're not sure if the younger guy likes you. I would give it more time and have conversations with both boys....see who you can talk to better. Who thinks about your more. Who really wants to be with you. You'll see that your friends don't always know whats good for you, only what's good for them. Don't turn your nose up at someone shorter, younger or otherwise different than you. You can learn a lot from a different perspective dating a man shorter than you. There are some women who will only go out with shorter guys, or younger guys. It's all about how you hit it off.