KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Experience:  Relationship expert for almost three years with

I am 26 years old and my boyfriend is 41. I like him very much,

I am 26 years old and my boyfriend is 41. I like him very much, we have a lot in common, but I am a little worried about the age gap. Is it unreasonable for me to date someone so much older when I don't plan on having children for a few more years, at which point we will probably be about 45?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 7 years ago.

No it's not unusual unlike women, men can have children at any age and still be very involved in their child's life and activity women usually have a biological clock that is ticking by that time and chances of them having a child is very slim but with technology the way it is now they are even having them at later ages and 45 years old is not too old to have your first child. It may be an advantage having a child someone more mature because they usually have already did all of their sowing of their wild oats and can be the man and father you want them to be and most know what it takes to be a father.