JR, M.A.
JR, M.A., Mental Health Professional
Experience:  I have a master's degree in clinical psychology and am currently finishing my doctoral degree.
11111309

Hi, my daughter is married for the past 6 years with a 5 year

Hi, my daughter is married for the past 6 years with a 5 year old daughter. The problem is, she has been living like widow for the past 4 years. Her husband is not interested in any kind of physical relationship with her at all. She is educated, goodlooking and very confident girl, anytime she tries to talk about this, he'll go hyper and a heated arguement occurs and he twists the topic and tries to be oversmart. He perfectly tries to camaflouge his weakness, may be he doesn't have a weakness or whatever it is. But she has been deprived of her rights as a wife for all these years, so now she just wants to end up this relationship asap.    One more thing i'd like to add here is that this man is a divorcee earlier. Please guide her to choose a right path.
Category: Relationship
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Age: 32; Female, Massachusetts

Already Tried:
Tried talking to her hubby, but didn't work.
Expert:  JR, M.A. replied 5 years ago.
Hi Megh,

You are correct in pointing out that the husband tends to hide his true feelings. It is not normal for a man to not be interested in sexual contact. Although I cannot be sure because I have not spoke with this man, I suspect that he may be hiding a serious emotional problem that is interfering his desire for sexual intimacy. However, it is also possible that he may be getting his sexual needs met in another way (e.g., porn, another woman, another man, etc.) Again, this is pure speculation, but there could be any number of reasons why he is behaving this way. What I do know is that he is using defenses to protect himself from confronting these feelings. When his wife talks to him it just awakens feelings that he is not ready to deal with. This man needs to see a therapist to talk about what is going on for him with respect to his sexual problems. If he is not willing to talk with a therapist, then there is really nothing your daughter can do with the exception of leaving him. Perhaps if he thinks she will leave him it might motivate him to go get some therapy. If not, then he is, frankly, not worth the time. That is my professional opinion.

If you found this answer to be helpful, please click ACCEPT so that I get paid for my work. Bonuses are greatly appreciated if you found my answer worthy.
JR, M.A., Mental Health Professional
Experience: I have a master's degree in clinical psychology and am currently finishing my doctoral degree.