KimberlyF
KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Experience:  Relationship expert for almost three years with JustAnswer.com
1572083

Is it ok to pour beer on a significant others face Is it

Is it ok to pour beer on a significant other's face? Is it automatically a sign of disrespect?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 5 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What are your ages?

-How long have you been together?

-Was it during a fight?

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
We are both 26. We met in March of 2007 (did a long distance thing). Made it "official" in August. I moved to New Orleans from Atlanta to be with him. We weren't fighting at the time but doing our usual banter. But there wasn't any loud yelling or anything like that. A little background for you...we in the past have fought a lot but recently have moved passed it. Mostly because I think he jokes too much. I was lying on the couch. And he had a beer and he just stood over me and started to tip the beer. I didn't say anything because I didn't think he would actually do it. But he kept tipping it and the beer landed on my face near my eye. I went ballistic!
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 5 years ago.
Customer

It's rude for anyone to pouring a drink over your head if you are arguing or having a disagreement but if you are playing around or it was an accident it isn't disrespectful, if he did on purpose and to be mean then I can totally understanding you getting angry with him and tell him that you didn't appreciate it. If he cares enough about you he would take into consideration your feelings and never do it again. If it happens again then I would take that as him not caring how you feel about the fact that he hurt your feelings and made you feel disrespected.

KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Experience: Relationship expert for almost three years with JustAnswer.com