Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues

My boyfriend acts strange.We are 2,5 month in relationship.During

My boyfriend acts strange.We are 2,5 month in relationship.During this time,he barely called.Says he is crazy about but 3 time canceled dates last minute.He sends me e-mails regulary 2-3 times a day,but almost never calls.I was at his home-he is single.He goes to company trips often,sometimes lives on Sundays.Is he married or envolved with a person from other state?What shoud i do?How i can check?He already told me that on Thanksgiving he is leaving to his sister house.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 7 years ago.
How did you meet?

What are your ages?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
We meet through Internet,we both are 45+
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 7 years ago.
Hello al,

To be clear, you say that during the time you have been seeing him, he barely calls, cancels dates at the last minute, and is always out of town? This doesn't sound like a man who is interested or able to contribute to any type of serious relationship. Aside from hiring a private detective or doing some serious background searches on him there's really no way to know what he does when he is out of town. I find that men that can text (or send emails from their phone) but rarely call are lazy when it comes to interaction in a relationship and most times are not looking for one, even if they say that they are. If you tell me you like ice cream, and then consistently get cake every time we have desert, after a while it becomes obvious what you favor. Unfortunately there are some men out there who like to have a woman or various women on standby, it makes them feel macho, or 'special' to know that someone cares about them, even if they cannot reciprocate.

At this point, you have to speak up. How is he going to know what you're looking for if you don't tell him? Many women won't tell what they are looking for, for fear of driving a man away.....the truth is, if he likes you, wild horses couldn't drive him away. It's only when his intentions aren't good that he'll run. Right now, you have to ask him straight out if he's involved with anyone, why he doesn't call more and why he stands you up. Personally, a man only gets one chance to stand e up and it's over. The fact that he did it three times indicates his lack of respect for you, and possibly women as a whole.

I understand you say he's a nice guy, but there's something wrong here, and you shouldn't be wondering how he feels or what he's doing, if he cared he wouldn't allow you to. Either he's fooling around, or he's not asking you a priority; neither option is a good one. I welcome your thoughts, let me know if you want to talk more.