Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues
1042561

Should two people who like each other but one is not attracted

Customer Question

Should two people who like each other but one is not attracted to the other get together and see if they can get a relationship to work?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 6 years ago.
Hello Chris,

Can you tell me more about your situation?

Are you male or female? Are they male or female?

How long have you known each other?

Who's attracted and who's not? how do you know?

What are your ages?

Chase
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Chase

I'm male and 33 and there female and 23, we have known each other for around 3 months and in that time have only spent around 3-4 days apart, she has told me that she wishes she felt differently but doesn't think she can, it came very close to giving it a go, a relationship that is last week, however that changed the next day,

there is attraction on both sides but she is telling me that this is not physical.

chris
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 6 years ago.
Chris,

Have the two of you been intimate? or plan on it?

Do you kiss? touch?

Chase
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
we have slept with each other on a few occasions and touch but do not kiss
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 6 years ago.
Ok, what I'm hearing from you is that you like her and want a relationship with her, but she's telling you that she's not attracted to you 'like that', correct?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
more or less, however she seems to run hot and cold, she says that she likes me but just not in a sexual or physical way!?!?!?!? she has also said that she knows a relationship between us would be great!!!!!!!
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 6 years ago.
What do the two of you do when you spend time together? What types of activities?

How did the two of you meet?

When is the last time either of you were in relationships? any background on those would be good.

Has she dating someone this many years older than her before?

Whats her relationship like with her family? her father?

Has she said why she doesn't want to actually get into a relationship specifically?

Chase
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
When we are together it is like we are already in a reltionship, we go shopping eat for go for drinks etc etc, we stay at each others houses and sleep in the same bed.

we met through work

for me about 12 months her about 18 months

not too close form what I see but they talk all the time and get on well

just because she isn't attracted in that way??????????

all our friends say that its obvious something more than friends is there but im really unsure as it seems as tho there is but she says different
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 6 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.