KimberlyF
KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Experience:  Relationship expert for almost three years with JustAnswer.com
1572083

I dont know how to handle this particular situation, and if

Customer Question

I don't know how to handle this particular situation, and if maybe I am just making too much of a big deal about it. I live with my partner of almost 2 years, and Saturday is my birthday. Plans were made about 2 weeks ago for us to go visit my parents who live about an hour and a half away, and the plan was to leave Friday afternoon around 2 or so, so that we can all go out to dinner and spend the night there. Elizabeth (my partner) had only asked that we be back early Saturday afternoon to spend my birthday with her. It is the last minute, and she has now told me that she can't get done work early tomorrow. So I had said, ok I'll just tell them that I'll come up by myself and spend the night.   She was ok with that. I guess what bothers me the most is that it didnt seem to bother her that I will be waking up on my birthday- without her. Should this be a concern? sometimes I feel that I overreact and become too sensitive.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 5 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What is your age?

-How long have you been together?

-Do you get along for the most part?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
<p>I'm 37- soon to be 38 on Saturday. We have been together almost 2 years, and I would say that for the most part we do get along. I do sometimes get the feeling that we get along as well as we do because I have a tendency to compromise more on my own feelings. </p><p> </p><p>I don't want to come across sounding as if this is a one-way relationship, because she can be very caring, nurturing and compromising as well. I just sometimes feel that for things that she knows are important to me (like this visit and being with her in the morning on my birthday), she has an attitude of ''well it'll pass, it's not the end of the world''. </p>
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 5 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.