KimberlyF
KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Experience:  Relationship expert for almost three years with JustAnswer.com
1572083

why after 25 years of marriage my husband does not want to

why after 25 years of marriage my husband does not want to love on or show any type of affection
Category: Relationship
Expert:  luvtohelp7957 replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to justanswer.com. I would like to attain more information.

1. Does he have any medical problems?

2. What medications is he currently taking?

3. Does he have a history of depression or any other mental disorder?

4. Has there been any stressful thing that happen to him recently?

5. How long has this problem going on for?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
NO HEATH PROBLEMS THAT I KNOW OF BUT HE SEEMS TO HAVE NO INTEREST IN THE KIDS OR ME. HE TAKES ACID MED FOR HIS STOMACH FISH OIL PILLS,BAYER ASPRIN AND OVER THE COUNTIER JOINT PILLS. I HAVE NOTICED HE IS NOT HAPPLY WITH ANY THING ABOUT ME, MY APPEARANCE, WORK, NEVER WANTS ME TO HAVE ANY FRIENDS EITHER. I HAVE BEEN GOING TO A RUM. DR. AND HAVE TO TAKE STERIODS WHICH CAUSED WEIGHT GAIN BUT I HAVE LUPUS AND TWO OTHER RUM DIEASES.
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 5 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What are your ages?

-Do you have a health questions or relationship question?

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

FOR THE LAST YEAR HE STARTED GOING TO BARS AND PARTY EVERY OTHER DAY WHEN HE STARTED BEING MEAN TO ME AND THE KIDS ONE OF OUR EMPLOYEES CALL MY OLDEST BROTHER AND TOLD HIM HE HAD WHIP MY 13 YEAR OLD AND HE WAS ALWAYS MEAN TO ME EXSPECIALLY ALL THE WEIGHT GAIN I PUT ON SINCE I STARTED MY NEW MEDS IS THERE ANY HOPE FOR US.

Expert:  KimberlyF replied 5 years ago.
Customer

There may be hope if your husband is willing to seek counseling for his anger issues and also it wouldn't hurt to get some family counseling for the whole family. You both are dealing with alot of healthy issues which puts stress on a marriage. Your husband has to want to change and want to go to counseling, if he doesn't agree to counseling you may not have a choice but to get yourself and your son out of the physical abuse situation. If he is on some medications that can attribute to his mood swings but he can not fix this on his own he will need some counseling to help him deal with feelings he may be having that sets him off into these moods where he is mean to you and your son if he is starting to beat your son that isn't a good thing and you may have to give him a choice either get the help or we are gone.

Explain to him that you gained weight because of your medications and that he married you for good or bad and he isn't there for the bad and isn't patient with you or your son. On top of anger issues he may have drinking issues also. Tell him you want to go to counseling to put your marriage back on track if he doesn't agree to counseling you may have to make a choice to get you and your son out of that bad situation especially if he is starting to get physical with your 13 year old son. You have to decide that you are worth more than he is giving you and if he isn't willing to go to counseling to have a healthy relationship then you have leave for you and your son's sake.

KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Experience: Relationship expert for almost three years with JustAnswer.com