Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues
1042561

how to introduce a lady I have given a promise ring to

how to introduce a lady I have given a promise ring to?
Hello Malv,

How long have you been with her?

Do you consider yourselves boyfriend/girlfriend?

Do you intend on marrying her?

What are your ages?

Chase
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hello

And thank you for responding back, We have been together for a year now and I am 52 and she is 44. We are both in the professional world so we often attend social functions together.

My intention is to marry her and she feels very much the same way. We are very much in love. We each have a daughter and so we want to show them a good example too. I feel that by giving her a promise ring, I was showing greater respect for our relationship and my intentions to marry. And thus the question of how do I introduce her in a social setting?
Hello, Thank you for that additional info and for your candor. If it is your intention to marry her, then you could of course introduce her as your fiance. Once you pass 30, it's a little hard to call someone your 'girlfriend' (smile), so you are left with saying, this is my "friend", which can upset her because she's more than a friend. Some people say this is my 'lady', which sounds a little cavalier as well. I believe that fiance would be the most proper, but I would also speak to her about it beforehand to make sure she feels ok with it. I welcome your thoughts, let me know if you want to talk more.

Warmly

Chase