KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Experience:  Relationship expert for almost three years with

Hi, my girlfriend and i last 2 years together it was a sweet

Customer Question

Hi, my girlfriend and i last 2 years together it was a sweet and strong relationship, we asked me for time 7 moth ago, and she left to Spain to study and we king of slipt off, now she came and we had 2 weeks togethers (the most wonderful time of my life), i love her so much, i feel im ment to be with her... She said she loves me, but right now she needs time, she said she cant handle a relationship, she want to feel alone, but she doesnt want to loose me, she also said that she want us to go out somedays and talk, just be friend, because im her bestfriend and shes my world... Im reatly hurt, i feel like dying..Im almost 23, shes 20... repeat: i love her, shes my world, my everything... Should i wait? or should i leave for my own good?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-How long is she studying in Spain?

-The two of you have never fought about anything?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
She went for 3 months
Yeap sometimes we fight

And also we are so close that we dated others and we told each other, we never lie to each other, we are like best friends.
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 8 years ago.

I think she just wants to make the best out of her trip to Spain and doesn't want to feel guilty if she doesn't call everyday or have to check in with you to her whereabouts, you are just going to have to give her this time to fully experience Spain and trust in her love for you that it will lead her back to you. If you hold her back from this experience or complain about her experience she will grow to resent you for not allowing her to be herself and be free to experience this opportunity. I think if you love her you will wait for her to be done with her trip to Spain and then see where things stand after she comes back, she will respect that you gave her space and allowed her to be free to do this. All couples fight it's healthier to openly communicate and be honest with each other, she was honest about what she wanted. Just tell her how much you love and care for her and want the best for her and then allow her this time to explore Spain on her own. If you have anything to add click reply.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
No wait, she already came back from spain, i did everything you told... And when she came back we even talk as much as we do now... Then some weeks later she texted me and told me she missed me a lot, and she thinked of me as well... We started going out, laughing, talking a lot, we also kissed, hug, everything... And yesterday i asked her what was all of this and she told me everything i told you:

that she wanted to come back with me but not right now, she wants to be free for a while, that she feels that she hasnt been single and free, also that she doesnt want to do bad things and be with other guys, that she loves mes and cares for me and doesnt want to loose me.... My real question is: what the most you can do for love.. Wait? Be patient? Is it real what shes telling me or shes just afraid of loosing me? Do womens reatly think about "wanting being single" ????
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 8 years ago.

I'm sorry I misunderstood I thought you meant she was in Spain now. She started dating you at 18 years old so she may feel like she has missed out on alot of things and that may include dating other guys, it seems as though she wants you wait for her to be ready but the most important question is are you ready to wait for her to be ready? Depending on how long the wait your answer should be yes you will wait if you love her but how much of your life are you willing to put on hold for her? You don't want to find yourself sitting at home waiting for her to come back to the relationship and then realize that months and months or even years have passed, try getting out with friends and having a good time, why should she be the only one that wants to live life?

Sometimes when women start dating at a young age they find themselves regretting not getting out there and dating especially if their mate was thekir first or they didn't have much experience with dating they want to know if they are missing anything, this may be the case with your girlfriend. I say wait for a little bit and see where things end up, I think she is honestly telling you what she wants and that is time to be free and explore. Give her at least a month and then start doing your own things slowly, hang out with friends, go to movies or dinner with friends, find hobbies to keep you busy so that you don't harp on the situation. If after a month she has not made up her mind then ask her how long she thinks she will need and if she can not answer that then I would serious think about dating other people or taking steps to back away from the relationship, only you will know how much you are able to take as far as the waiting game goes.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks a lot! you really helped me... Ill let you know in a month :)
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 8 years ago.

You're Welcome and Good Luck to you. Please let me know if I can help you again just ask for me by name.