Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues
1042561

Hi my pregnant girlfriend loved me. then after she became preg,

Hi my pregnant girlfriend loved me. then after she became preg, she began to pick at me more and more. it seemed to get worse as sex dried up and she seemed depressed. we were to be engaged and planning to buy a house. she exploded about how she was overwhealmed one night and not over her last divorce yet (miscarrage to boot) she broke up with me via e-mail. I bought some time when i talked with her face to face but only by pleading for two weeks. she says she wants to move back home (3hrs away) and she is glad im the father. she loves me but she says we are too different. she says she has lost the passion. could this be hormones? i want to be a good dad but it would be much better if we were together i am running out of time but i had to break off my contact for two weeks to show her i wasnt as "needy" as she thinks. Man this is a tough spot and i am worried she may be a bit off her rocker. this is a great man you are talking to who would do anything for her. was i overly attentive.....could the pregnancy hormones makae her do a 180 i hope she mises me and changes her mind. she was very aggressivly in love with me for the first part and i think she wanted a baby too..
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 6 years ago.
How long have the two of you been together?

What are your ages?

Do you live together?

Any other relationship problems prior to this?

Chase
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
in 36 she's 32
we were going to live together but decided to wait a few months and buy a house
she is very stubborn and has a temper bt things were always worked out
it was only the pregnancy that made things get complicated
i really want her back....
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
please please i need your advice a.s.a.p.
it has been 24 hrs
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
hello?
i need some help here!
this is the last day of the two weks
of me not calling her.
i know a girlfriend of hers is trying to tell
her that she needs to give us a chance.
she is at a big party right now with everyone and i decided not to show up as
it is still within our two week period.
hope this will show her i am strong.
she got very nasty with me and we need to speak about our baby soon
i will take her back without any anger.
i am a very understanding person.
should i wait a couple of extra days to contact her?
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 6 years ago.

I apologize, I had not gotten notice of your response. I think so far you are handling it the right way by giving her space and time, and allowing room for her to miss you, that's very important. The fact is that even if she does go back home, there's nothing that says that she won't come back. She's in a very volatile state right now, with the pregnancy, and she may really believe she needs to be close to her family during this time when she is very vulnerable. The best thing you can do is be busy, successful, and take care of yourself and your child. When she sees that you are doing well, and that you are taking care of your business like a man, if she ever loved you that love will likely come back. If she hasn't contacted you, you might want to wait a few more days, and even when you call, just call to see how she's doing, don't ask her what she's going to do, if shes coming back, if she loves you, just let her know you wanted to know how she's doing and if she needs anything. In the middle of the conversation, be sure that you are the first one to get off the phone, if she asks why, just say you have some errands to run, or you have something to do (don't lie or make up a story). And then do not call her again for at least three days, unless she calls you. Even when she calls you, do not answer; let it go to the machine and wait an hour before calling her back (unless it's an emergency of course).

Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience: Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues