Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues

I am a 22 year old male in an 8 month relationship with a 21

I am a 22 year old male in an 8 month relationship with a 21 year old. We both go to Oklahoma State University, and I had a question about what kind of partying is OK. She dropped out of a sorority recently because of her grades, and is a big time social person. I've come to be OK with the fact she likes to go out to fraternity parties. Personally, I don"t want to go to these parties because I am a shy person, and she is in agreement with me. My question is, because she does drink at these parties, and I like to drink with my other friends, should I be comfortable with her passing out at a frat house? I have every bit of faith she is and would not cheat on me. But I still feel uncomfortable with her sleeping there. Should I trust her, or confront her with how I feel? Or should I even be uncomfortable with the situation. thank you for your help.

Confused & Befuddled
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.
Have you spoken with her at all about this?

Where does she sleep when she sleeps at the frat house?

Do you consider this a serious relationship?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

We haven't really talked about it, because she hasn't done it since we've been dating. But she has done it in the past when she was single. She's told me she would pass out on their couches in the past. I do consider this a serious relationship. thanks for your help.

Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.
Not only should you not be comfortable with it, it's very dangerous. At the risk of sounding like a parent, we all know that when we are drunk we are vulnerable, and most frat parties, it's drink till you're drunk. She may not intend on cheating on you, but how much willpower is anyone expected to have when they're drunk or asleep. I think it's a bad idea whether she's with you or without you, but if you are in a relationship, it's also improper... and sends the wrong message to other guys. Now that she's in a relationship, perhaps she will consider doing this, but you'll definitely have to talk about it. I welcome your thoughts, let me know if you want to talk more