Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues
1042561

I asked this ques.to you before but Im including more info.I

I asked this ques.to you before but I'm including more info.I have a crush on my chiropractor for 2 yrs. He's 37 single and I'm 52 in process of divorce, we eye each other(play cat & mouse)in the off. but he doesn't make a move.I emailed him with a phony name & he guessed it was me.I then asked if this made him uncomfortable, he said no, its all right. When I said this made me feel a little funny he said this would remain between him & I and no one would know a thing.I then emailed him and said I may cancel my next app. & he encouraged me to come "it may be fun - come see what happens" I did and asked him to meet for lunch, he got nervous and said "I can't" then he said I'm meeting the girls in the office for lunch. I stopped going to the off. for 2 1/2 months and when I went in I thought he would get nervous but instead he was obviouly happy to see me & acted like nothing ever happened.(We don't communicate through email anymore- just see each other during my monthly maintenance visits). We still play cat & mouse - don't understand - It's obvious he is as attracted to me as I am attracted to him.One more thing, my soon to be ex husband is also a patient. Of course he doesn't know a thing about this. Please help. I'm so stressed.
Hello Alberta,

I notice you had spoken to Kim before and also posted the same question, do you want to speak to Kim or are you looking for a second opinion?

Chasee
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I would like to speak to Edward M. Johnson. He was the first one I directed this question (with a lot less info. to).
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Although I said before I rather speak to Ed M. Johnson, it not necessary. Ms Chase would be fine.

What is stressing you exactly?

Is he married or in a relationship?

Chase
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Not married, supposedly single, not in a relationship. I'm stressed due to a number of things going on in my life at once. In what his concern, I'm not really stressed, more frustrated.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Alberta,

I would email him again, nothing too crazy, just saying hello and trying to get to know him a little better. It also wouldn't hurt to ask him out to lunch again and see what he says. I'd willing to bet that if he likes you, the fact that you are a patient is what's really concerning him. I would ask him, "If I stopped being your patient, would you go out to lunch with me?" and see what his response is. The botXXXXX XXXXXne is, if he really likes you 'like that', then he will find a way to get across to you about it, but if he's not willing to make a move, then I would assume that there's a reason that he's not doing it.

Chase
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Do you think that, like a mentioned above, the fact that my soon to be ex husband is also a patient of his can also be holding him back. This seems to be a little complicated to say the least/

If he doesn't know that you and your husband are splitting, you need to find a way to let him know that, either through email or when you see him. That way if thats what holding him back from actually thinking about being with you, it might put him more at ease.

Chase
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes, he knows this already, nevertheless, he is still a patient in his office.
It's very possible this could be part of why he's keeping his distance. Once you split with your husband, do you think he'll still go there?

Chase

.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Unfortunately, yes.
Hmmm, ok. Well as it stands you can only show your interest....it's up to him to either take steps toward you, or not. There's not much you can do to push him depending on how he feels. I believe that if someone has feelings for another, eventually it will come out, they won't be able to hold back forever. The question is simply how long you're willing to wait.

Chase