Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues
1042561

help i am having an affair with my trainer...i know the wife..weve

Customer Question

help i am having an affair with my trainer...i know the wife..weve been friends for years..its hot and heavy..i called it off..he says it wont be the same
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.
he says what won't be the same?

How long have you been having the affair?

Why did you decide to have an affair with your friends husband?

What are your ages?

Chase
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
he says our relationship and friendship wont be the same.1 month the affair has been going on.it wasnt planned .im 37 and hes 35
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
hello
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.
Hello Jilly,

Thank you for that additional info. He's right that the friendship won't likely be the same as a line has been crossed. He could also be saying so to make you feel guilty about breaking it off or to subtly blackmail you into continuing the sexual relationship so as not to lose the friendship. If you are not wanting to be with him in a serious relationship and he's not willing to leave his wife, then you already know that this is a toxic relationship. It's possible you may want to consider changing trainers and/or gyms. I welcome your thoughts, let me know if you want to talk more.

Chase
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
the problem is i do really like him and he loves his wife. he would never leave.maybe i should just leave gyms
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.
lol, perhaps you're right :) He may also want to redefine the meaning of love. What are you doing to find a single man for yourself?

Chase