Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues

Ok.I am a 32 yr old woman that has been married 14 yrs. Recently

Customer Question

Ok.I am a 32 yr old woman that has been married 14 yrs. Recently I became friends with another married person, my age. He is having issues at home with being able to talk to his spouse. So, we have coffee twice a week and he comes by my work to just talk, BS what. Anyways, he stopped by this Friday and as we were walking out the door to leave he grabbed me and kissed me. I didnt resist. What should i do?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.
What do you want to do?

Are you ready to risk your marriage?

Are you interested in becoming intimate with him?

Have you ever cheated on your husband, or has he ever cheated on you?

How old is he?

Where did you meet him?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

1. I dont know what i want to do

2. No

3.I thought about it

6. Work

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I worked today.

He stopped by after work. Just to talk about family and what not just friendly banter. Nothing like the other day. So maybe it was just a freak thing.

Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.
If you're not willing to risk your marriage then the best thing to do is let him know that what happened was a mistake and you're not interested in getting involved with him 'like that'. If you do think that you want to be intimate with him, you should understand right off the bat that its a risk. Your husband could find out, his wife could find out, he could start stalking you or threatening you (don't say he's not like that), your marriage could end, his marriage could end, the possibilities are endless. Its easy to give into 'for the moment' emotions, and forget about the aggravation of our daily experience something new, exciting and fresh...passionate...but it's not the right thing to do. If either of you are unhappy in your marriage, then you need to try and fix it or end it, and only then would it be right to get into another relationship, intimate or otherwise. I can't tell you not to do it, but only that it's something you have to be willing to accept the consequences for if something should go wrong. I hope this helps, let me know if you want to talk more.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I know the answer. Seeing it in print isnt helping like i thought it would. Im to the point where i might have to sever my friendship with this person all together and thats hard because i have NO friends.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Im not trying to excuse the behavior. Im not trying to keep him around because of the attraction. I do honestly enjoy the friendship and not having that makes it harder.
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.
I apologize, but I am sometimes too blunt. I know it would be hard to lose the friendship, but if the two of you can't agree to draw the line, it's probably best to stay away. Believe me, i know what a difficult situation this is.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Relist: I prefer a second opinion.
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.
Ok, I have another expert coming to answer. Thanks