Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues
1042561

I am very attractrd to my physician how do I approach him and

I am very attractrd to my physician how do I approach him and let him know. What are my chances
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.
Hello Jbills

Are you male or female?

What are you seeing them for or how long have you been seeing him?

What are your ages?

Have you said anything to him about it?

Do you think he likes you?

Chase
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Ok I am female 54 yrs old he is male mid 40 early 50. i am african american he is caucasian. I know that he looks down at the file whenI am with him in his office he does not look at me dead on I think he has some attraction to me but i cant be sure. We do joke some he has a wry smile with nice blue eyes that smile when he smiles. I have not said anything to him. do you think I should.
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.
Hello Jb

If he's never given you any indication that he is interested in your outside of your office visits, you'll want to be careful that you don't offend him, as it's hard to find a good doctor. I would start out by maybe asking him one or two personal questions and see how he reacts. Perhaps ask him if he's married, has kids....and see what he says. If he's not making a lot of eye contact, asking you personal questions, then he may not be interested in you in 'that' way.

Chase
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I know that e is not married he has a girlfriend. I would not even entertain the idea of being with him if he were married. I just notice how nervous or uncomfortable he is when i am there. Seems to be shy or something i cannot put my finger on it. He has not asked any personal questions of me. nor I of him. I crtainly do not want to do anything to offend. Even if he does not want to go out together I still would like to keep him as my doctor.
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.
Hello jbills,

Thanks you for that info. It's hard to tell because as your physician, it would be illegal for you and him to date....he could lose his license and I'm sure he knows this. If he were to say he wants to date you, you would have to stop seeing him as your doctor for a specific amount of time according to the state you live in. It's possible he might be attracted to you, and not want to take it any further than that, which would cause him to be nervous, etc. Like I mentioned before, i would just ask him a few personal questions like,

Where are you from?
Where is your family from?
Did you always want to be a doctor?
Do you like being a doctor?
What kind of music do you like?
What do you do when your not being a doctor?

and if you really want to flirt, "do you make house calls" and then just laugh or grin, and see how he responds. You can always say "I'm just playing with you" and laugh it off. I'm here if you want to talk more

Chase