JR, M.A.
JR, M.A., Mental Health Professional
Experience:  I have a master's degree in clinical psychology and am currently finishing my doctoral degree.

question for jr, m.a.--I am the guy who is in trouble with

question for jr, m.a.--I am the guy who is in trouble with his marriage who has been asking you questions. Now I'm yelling at customers in the store where I work, at my wife, and now at my daughter and her friend.

Hi Ralph,

It sounds like you are not really sure where all this anger is coming from. I wonder if you are angry with yourself and you are projecting your anger onto everyone around you. You need to see a therapist to figure out what is causing such anger. I have suggested that you stop reacting this way, but it seems as though you are not able to tolerate the emotion. Instead, you have resorted to blowing up with emotion and yelling at people who do not deserve to be yelled at (i.e., customers, your daughter, etc.). It may take some serious time in therapy to sort through what is going on with you. I suspect that you had some serious relational issues early in life and you have trouble connecting to others in a healthy way. You ought to see a therapist who works with psychodynamic or interpersonal theory. I suggest you do this before you make a bigger mistake.

If you found this answer helpful, please click ACCEPT so that I get paid for my time. Bonuses are greatly appreciated if you found my answer worthy.