Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues

My girl friend just broke up after 4 months , Got back with

My girl friend just broke up after 4 months , Got back with her high school sweetheart. He's married , 2 kids and wife has cancer Don't know how serious. I was caught off guard , Will it work out ?? I was so sure she was having a good time when we were together.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.
Where did the two of you meet?

Any relationship problems?

What are your ages?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
My sister introduced us in April. We hit it off right away. Took it very slow in the beginning. All time together was great. Took a July trip to NY. Spent all the time together we could. We never had any problems in 2 months of serious dating. Im 46 , She's 41. Both divorced. I'm semi retired and we both had short term travel plans and holiday plans. Got a call saying they got connected on Face book and I was Let down. She was very honest and cried . Can't help but to think I will hear from her again, If this blows up. She's got a son that was great . Did all I could do with him for 2 month's. The guys married but I hear he's saying the divorce is coming. I'm very confused, She could not have been acting for 2 months.Thank's
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.
Hello David

I wouldn't automatically assume that she was acting....there may be a lot to the back story that you don't know about. I think it was a bit thoughtless of her to drop you without warning, but I also try to see the better side of things as well, suppose you were with her another 10 months....suppose you were engaged....? You might be right that you will hear from her again, sooner or later, but at that point you'll have to decide if you want to jump right back in and possibly get hurt again. You sound like a great guy, don't let one person ruin you for all of the great women out there. Who knows why she decided to handle things in this manner, perhaps this is something she's felt for a long time, but it also sounds like a lot of trouble for her. I wish you the best, XXXXX XXXXX your thoughts, let me know if you want to talk more

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Should I stay away from her if she calls. She has several broken relationships in her past. Her friends say she reacts without thinking things through. Know thought gave to this action either. Friends are waiting to pickup the pieces when it fails. They say its typical of her.
We acted like we had so much more. This was the first time I connected since my divorce. I guess what I'm really asking is , Did I know her at all?? Should I listen If she calls or run??? Please respond , Thanks D.
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.

How long has it been since you divorced?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Going on 2 years. Dated a little but really liked this one.
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.
Hi David, Thank you for that info. It's hard to say that you should stay away from her if/when she calls, because I know you have feelings for her, but on the other hand, maybe thats the biggest reason why you should stay away from her should she decide to come back. You have to ask yourself, if she came back, would you get back in a relationship with her? Do you consider yourself a person that can be taken advantage of easily? If so, I would not respond to her. If you consider yourself self-assured and know that you won't let her walk over you, then you may want to tentatively give her a chance if she does call back, but with conditions, at least for the first 3-6 months before giving her any of your trust. Whats interesting is that he OWN family and friends are giving you warnings about might want to take that into deep consideration as most friends and family usually defend someone.

We can never really know what's in another persons heart, and thats the biggest part of being in love is the free-fall act of allowing yourself to trust someone and exposing your heart to them knowing they could stab you in it at any time. I hope this helps, let me know if you want to talk more.