Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues

fiance opens door to a bottle of vallium from my drug store

Customer Question

i am an addict (prescription pain medicine) and i'm on buporphine and i go to counsling, i've been sober for 3 years now. i've been having a hard time falling and staying asleep. my family docotor prescribed some atavan or vallium.    he didn't tell me those names he said they would work better than the new sleeping pills especially when it comes to addiction. he said that the new sleeping pills are abused so i said i'd try anything that wouldn't be harmful for my recovery.    
so now my fiance left , we was so mad, i tried to explainbut it wouldn't even look at me in the face. he kept yelling "ah ha this is what you are doing" "i don't know what i am going to do know"   "you knew those were benzos and you can't have them"     i really didin't think they were benzos and my doc knows i'm on suboxone and i can't take benzos with it, now he thinks i'm a liar and a druggie
How can i resolve this, what can I do?   please hekp and thank you
dawn
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 5 years ago.
Hello Boxer

Why would your dr prescribe them if he knew you were in recovery?

Did you not read the name on the bottle?

What are your ages?

Is your fiance in recovery?

Chase
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

chase,

we are both 34. we've been together since we were 16. he hates drugs, i got addicted to them during a bad crohns disease flare up...

my family doctor knows very well that i'm an addict. we even went over the names of the medicines i take and the 1st was buprenorphone,naloxone. the doctor faxed the prescription into my drug store and after a week they dropped it off and trey, my fiance, opened it. i honestly thought it was more hemmorhiod cream and i didn't want him to see it

Expert:  Ms Chase replied 5 years ago.
Why did the dr prescibe them then?

Have you lied to him before?

Chase
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

the doctor was trying to help with my sleeping problem, i can't fall asleep fast and i get up constantly. by the morning i'm more tired than i was the night before.

have i lied to the doctor--NO

have i lied to trey beore-- YES, i hid my pain killer addiction from him b/c we had so much going on.... his dad on life support, then we had to put his mother in a nutward ' i really started taking more medicine than ever. i physcially felt ill and i felt all of the weight on my shoulders and i was relivingmy own dads death in helping, ;; 2 years later his grandmother died and it was just me taking care of her and the end of living center but i didn't take anything because i got help. i knew the tools. so i was able to be there and care for her (her own daughter wouldn't b/c she has paranoia schifrenia) but after her mothers death she did take her credit card on a shopping spree......

so yes i lied to trey but i couldn't cope with out the pills then and i knew that i was all he had. his mother isn't right.

but this time i'm not lying ;i really thought it would be benzo-free prescription for sleep

Expert:  Ms Chase replied 5 years ago.
If he cannot/will not believe you, then you might want to consider taking him to talk to your doctor. You will want to speak to your doctor as well to find out why he prescribed what he did, he put you in a dangerous situation, and put your sobriety at risk. Taking your fiance with you to talk to the doctor could help clear everything up.

Chase
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i called the doctor and spoke with his nurse, joyce, she said it is prescibed for my TMJ pain and sleeping trouble.
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 5 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.