Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues

I mutually broke up with my girlfriend of 4 years last week.

Customer Question

I mutually broke up with my girlfriend of 4 years last week. I have called her and text messaged her and she finally wrote back and said I will talk to you but not right now, please try to understand, i do love you. why cant she talk to me , i dont get it?do i still have a chance i want to get back with her
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.
Hello Donny,

Why did you break up?

What are your ages?

Do you want to get back with her?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
we broke up because she was always mean to me because she resents me for so much bad stuff i did in the past (cheating.lying). i am 25 and she is 21 and i have been dating her since she was 16. alot of ups and downs, but I thought i wanted to get rid of her, now i desperatley want her back. I dont understand why she said she cant talk to me right now, she has never done this before. I have done this to her several times and now know how it feels. I just dont know if she wants me back or not. thanks
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.
Hello Donny,

You can't turn people on and off like light switches and think that they will deal with that forever. People get tired of the same things and of repeated behaviors. At this time is she says she needs time, then its possible she may be re-evaluating her life and trying to figure out what she wants to do with her life, herself, you and everything else. I can't say if she wants you back, all I can say is that if she needs a little time, then go ahead and give it to her. If you really care about her, now id the time to act like an adult. Send her a message and let her know that you understand if she needs time. Let her know you've had time to think and you do want to get back together, but you don't want to go through the same things again. Only say this if you really mean it. If you think you love this girl, and want to be with her, consider couples counseling. I welcome your thoughts, let me know if you want to talk more

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.

You're welcome. If you want to talk more, I'm always around. I know how hard it can be. Feel free to ask for me by name, it would be my pleasure to help.