TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues

My husband and I have not had sex for the 3 years weve been

Customer Question

My husband and I have not had sex for the 3 years we've been married because he has a psychological problem with sex. Would I just screw everything up if I had a sex physical therapist to help me out? Cuddling and Masturbation do no cut it.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.
Hello an

How old are the two of you?

Sex therapist for him or you?

What are your ages?

Have you talked to him about it?

Has he been to his dr to rule out physical causes?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Iam 56. My husband is 59. By sex therapist I mean there is someone willing to sex me up without committment. I'm trying to find out if it would be good to mention it to him or complicated his feelings of inadiquacy...The psycologist that he talks to knows that I have it in mind and would talk to someone before I take that step. I have mentioned a urorlogist but he has not done anything about it. I'm thinking of trying to set up another urologist appointment for him next week. He is on blood pressure medicine, plavix. He had two minor strokes last year.

Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.
Hello Brenda,

Im not sure if you mean a licenced person who does this or someone who is just willing to be sexually involved with you?

Have the two of you ever had sex? when was this if so?