KimberlyF
KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Experience:  Relationship expert for almost three years with JustAnswer.com

why does my partner of 58 never follow anything through and breaks promises

Customer Question

his needs are always put bfore mine and i have put everything from my end in place as agreed and once again he pulls out. Once I make a decision I keep to it but he never can. He thinks im 'on wheels' work wise and over house work, and I need a life too. He has no friends or hobbies but is good company when away from work. At work he comes home grey and bad tempered he was given the chance of research work part time, but priced hinself out of it. I have many things i need to do before im old. WE went to see about some land for an allotment,I wanted to do organic bed and breakfat he siad yes its a great idea but now he has pulled out of that, two years ago he was all for buying an art store froma friend of mine ( this is my forte) but he pulled out of that. He wont tell mewhat he wants to do and now we argue all the time for the last month as I can see this falling apart too. Im at my wits end and its effecting my health . Im a half full glass and he is a half empty one and doom and gl
Category: Relationship
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 5 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. By the way, it would help me to know:

-How long have you been together?

-Have you talked to him about this issues? If so, what was his reply?

-Have you ever thought about therapy for the two of you like a couples therapy?

Thank you again for trusting me with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that I can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
we have been together 8 years and I can talk for england he is secretive yet holds an important job. He hates doing anything he is not paid for and says no one has done anything for him in his life so why should he do anything for them. He has been capable of dreadful lies in his life, where I was brough up to tell thet truth. He says Im too open. He wont talk to anyone and is usually only happy when I am withhim alone, so retirement could of been good and when we are at our hliday cottage he is great. So why can he nver follow it through.

He is a work aholic but but I have worked hard too to make our retirement possible. He says sometimes he is bordering on being a physcopath after a quiz he did at university years ago. He has just started speaking to his father and sisters again after 30 years something that I couldnt believe. He hates family or friends around but is great whenhe is not at work so nothing makes sense. But I need to think of my needs now. Am I wrong
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 5 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.