Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues

What do you do if your partner has left and you still love

Customer Question

What do you do if your partner has left and you still love her and everything hurts. I begged her to try again Ive told her I love her, ive never hurt her im not like that just neglected her when trying to build a bussiness. She left three months ago and its not getting any easier, or do I just give up
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.
Hello Adrian

How did the two of you meet?

What are your ages?

Are you male or female?

How long have you known her? Been together?

Why did she leave? Neglected her how?

Have you spoken to her at all since she left?

Is she involved with anyone else? Is she considering coming back?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

We meet through a friend who is no longer on the seen

I am 39 she is 34

I am male she is female

Been together about 4 years

I was tied up doing other things because of a high work load. Also I clash with her two children, They have no manners or respect for her but they are still hers. They are age 13 and 11.

Yes we have spoken and quite well since the arguments have stopped.

She had a little fling which went sower and I sorted it for her and I know a guy who is sweet on her.She reckons she doesnt want us anymore even though I have begged her and have changed the problems

Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.
Hello Adrian,

If she says she doesn't want to be with you, and she is seeing other people, then for now at least you are going to have to accept that she means what she says. I would not help her sort her problems with other men, and I would not get involved in her relationships with other men, this will only lead to her losing respect for you. You may want to step back from the situation for a bit, and lessen the communications some......give her time to figure out what she wants. If she hasn't figured it out in another few months (without you begging, or calling) then I would say to move on from it. I'm not saying you shouldn't speak to her at all, but let her be the one to call, and stop showing her so much that you care....right now she needs to know that it's possible for you to move on. Once she sees that, then you will know whether or not she still cares.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Wrong answer!

We have had time apart and I thought I had gotten over her but as soon as we meet I realised I had not. Im not getting involved in her relationships it just when she was in need because the guy became out of hand she needed help and I was there. We seem to be friends and we dont hate each other.

Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.
Well, it's not necessarily a 'wrong' answer, only one that you don't feel applies. The botXXXXX XXXXXne is if someone loves you and wants to be with you, then they will be with you. You wouldn't have to beg them to be with you. People can tell you they love you, but if their actions don't reflect that, then you have to go with how they are acting. It takes two people to create a relationship, no matter how badly one person wants it, they can't want it enough for both of them. It seems like she is moving on, dating other people. I would ask her in all seriousness, without begging, if she will give you another chance, and if she says no, then I would consider moving on. Perhaps in time her feelings might change, but you won't know that unless you make a change.