Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues
1042561

3rd meeting, he asked me to lunch and a movie. who pays

3rd meeting, he asked me to lunch and a movie. who pays?
Hello Lk,

Are you dating? You said "meeting", not date.

What are your ages?

Has this come up in conversation?

Chase
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Hi Chase,

Actually he said "its a date then! see you there." We met there, he offered to pick me up but I said we could just meet there.

He is 49 I am 47.

This has not come up in conversation but for our 2nd meeting we met at a street dance and he did not offer to even buy me a beverage. I think thats odd. Cheap even.

When we ordered our drinks, he got water (in a glass-not bottled) and I had an ice tea. The counter gal said it was $1.50 and he said "for the water!" and laughed it off as I paid for my tea. Not a huge deal, but come on. $1.50!

Maybe I am being old school but I think its tight.

Later on when we ordered our food at the counter and the gal asked us if it was together I could see him shake his head NO and I just got the money out for mine.....

Linda

Linda

just to be clear, the movie date is coming up? and he asked you?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
ok. no. the movie date was the one in question. today. we did not go to the movie only did lunch as outlined prior.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

oh-yes He asked me to lunch and a movie for today. He then said "ok, its a date!" Then the date went as outlined prior.

thanks.

Ah, ok, I think I get it now. Usually, if someone asks you out on a 'date' or even asks you out, period, then they are the ones who pay. Additionally, if he 'likes' you and is trying to date you, then the third date should be a no brainer, he should pay. Unless the two of you are just buddies and are hanging out together. It could be he's doing this so soon to make sure that you don't get in the habit of expecting things from him, but in my opinion, I would say he's cheap, and rude to boot. To pay for your tea would have been sweet, polite and he could have gotten oodles of brownie points for that small gesture. If you're anything like me, you would have asked him out, or even made him dinner at some point and paid, but I don't know if I would go that far with this guy, it sounds like he's training you to expect less of him. I think you are already, just not in the way he may have intended, lol. I welcome your thoughts, let me know if you want to talk more.

Warmly
Chase