KimberlyF
KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Experience:  Relationship expert for almost three years with JustAnswer.com
1572083

I was approached by an elderly woman at a Catholic Church accusing

I was approached by an elderly woman at a Catholic Church accusing me of wanting her so    called boyfriend. Also stating I "was all over" another elderly gentleman at another time. I do not know this lady. I was shocked and hurt by this accusation. Following this encounter, she proceeded to attend a church banquet, and stating this to some of the parishners. Make reputation is good. My many decent friends can back me up. I am a decent lady in all sense of the word.I need to know if I have a case or should I just let it go.This happened last Saturday at St. Clement Catholic Church here in Dearborn, Mi. I have anquished this for a whole week now. I am truely hurt and feel that my reputation is damaged. Thank you for letting me vent my frustration.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 6 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. By the way, it would help me to know:

-What is your age?

-How long have you been with that church?

-How long has she been at the church?

-Do you want legal action or just want the harassment to stop?

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting me with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that I can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for your quick response to my situation.
I AM a younger appearing - energetic, generous, happy and friendly person . I am of Italian decent and we Italians are known for our generosity and happiness.
I am 77 years old. Most do not believe this . I work out at the local Center in Dearborn, MI. Lift weights, walk and dance at most Senior Centers.
I give the impression of being secure and constantly smile when I see folks I know. ( especially those who attend our church). People take me to be in my mid sixties.
During the Christmas Holidays, I host sometimes 2 Parties including my close friends and those who have no one. I enjoy doing this. It is something I look forward to every year. These parties have been taking place for 27 years now. I care about people.

So now you know most all about me except that I am not attached to any man - and I was told that I pose a threat to most women because of this.

It breaks my heart when I am falsely accused.

WHen I see folks that attend the church, I will greet them and say a couple of words and by doing just that, this past Saturday caused me grief.

Again thank you for responding so quickly. I needed to ventilate and need to know what to do from now on.

My intention is not to cause her pain but want to know if I should indeed let her know my feelings if any legal action should ensue.

Regards,Customerbr />

Expert:  KimberlyF replied 6 years ago.

Customer

I think she is doing this because she is jealous of you and your friendliness towards others in the church and she is attacking you so that she can get attention and although it can be negative attention she is trying to make you look like the bad person in this situation. Anyone who knows you and has talked to you knows that these are lies she is spreading and unfortunately even in God's house of worship there is evil and Satan is always at work.

You should try having a civil conversation with her ask her over for tea or lunch and let her know that you do not wanting anyone but God in your life right now and maybe if she sees that you aren't the person she portrayed you as she will stop spreading rumors and lies about you and her boyfriend and other people within the church and become friendly towards you and if that doesn't work then you really need to talk to your priest of your church and tell them what she has been saying and that she is spreading rumors about you to people in the church and tell them that these rumors are not true at all if the priest knows you personally they will also know these rumor are not true and they may be able to pull her aside alone and talk to her about the way she should treat her follow worshipers. If you try to talk to her she may meet you with hostility and that will only push her to spread more nasty rumors about, if you did nothing to her to warrant this tongue lashing then more than likely she will not be willing to hear your side of everything.

I think she may have seen you speak to her boyfriend and assumed you were hitting on him because of jealousy she wasn't willing to find out what you said to him before going crazy with rumors, I think most women may be jealous of the fact that you look so great at your age and also the fact that you are single and they are afraid that they may lose their man to you. I really think it's time for you to say something to your Priest within your church and tell them that this hurts you because you pride yourself at being a respectable woman of God and that the rumors are harming your reputation in the church.

She has to be stopped because what she is doing isn't very Godly, Say a pray about it before you talk to your priest and ask God to give you the strength to find the words you want to say to your priest that isn't being mean like that woman is being and also pray for her that God's spirit helps her to be a more loving and honest worshipper within your religion.

KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Experience: Relationship expert for almost three years with JustAnswer.com