JR, M.A.
JR, M.A., Mental Health Professional
Experience:  I have a master's degree in clinical psychology and am currently finishing my doctoral degree.
11111309

jr, m.a.--theres a response to last nights open question

jr, m.a.--there's a response to last night's open question waiting for you
Category: Relationship
Expert:  JR, M.A. replied 6 years ago.

Hi Ralph,

Sorry I could not answer sooner. I have answered your question on the other open question.

JR, M.A., Mental Health Professional
Experience: I have a master's degree in clinical psychology and am currently finishing my doctoral degree.
Expert:  JR, M.A. replied 6 years ago.

Ralph,

Let me know how she reacts to the letter. Try putting it somewhere she will see it, so it will be a surprise. If you have already given it to her, that is fine too. I wish you the best! Please leave me feedback when you get the chance. =)

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Dear JR,

I've been trying out treating my wife like a queen and having written the letter I shared with you, things were going a little better, but now my wife is very tense with me and my daughter because she lost her job a while ago and unemployment compensation is ending and she hasn't found a job yet. Now she's getting angry because she is worried and frustrated. It is hard to be nice to her when she is so negative. Today I called her from work and asked if she wanted me to bring home a movie, but she didn't. As you recall, we haven't had sex for a couple years, and when we came back from vacation my sexual energy was very high due to seeing all those half-naked bodies on the beach and overeating on vacation--this threw me off on my return from vacation, and I've been struggling ever since. My sexual energy has calmed down a bit, and I'm into a somewhat better routine with work and all. What can I do to ease my wife's burden with regard to her job situation?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I was thinking that my relationship with my boss at work could be seen to be like my relationship with my wife. If I want to get some things from the relationship, I need to improve my attitude and performance, and not exhibit resentment toward them. It is probably true of any relationship. What do you think?
Expert:  JR, M.A. replied 6 years ago.

Hi Ralph,

It is good to hear back from you. These sort of changes take a great deal of time and effort. You have to endure lots of frustration. Not having sex only adds to your tension level. Make sure your wife knows that you love her regardless of her job situation. You should set up a date night this week and take her out to dinner at some place she likes to eat. Don't let her argue with you...just tell her that you have made plans and she will just have to come along for the ride. After dinner you can take her home and give her a nice long full body massage. Tell her that you know she has been really worried and upset and that you want to be there for her. She should appreciate this gesture on your part. You can't allow her mood to throw you off track, although I know that is easier said than done. You are on a long up hill journey my friend. I know this is not going to be easy. Make sure you do not lose sight of the end goal....winning your wife back. Ignore her disrespectful attitude and behavior for the meantime. Try to overwhelm her with loving gestures. Bring her flowers this evening. Tell her that she has always brought beauty into your life and give her a kiss. This is going to be a one day at a time effort. It sounds like you are doing the best you can though. I'm glad you have been working to save your marriage...it takes courage and honor. Good for you! Talk to you soon.

If you found this answer helpful, please click ACCEPT so that I get paid for my time. Bonuses are greatly appreciated if you found my answer worthy.

JR, M.A., Mental Health Professional