Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues

when a man and a women decid to live toGETHER And they both

when a man and a women decid to live toGETHER And they both hsve about the same amout of money and are retired the man already owens the place that they plan to live in.should they share any of the enpenses,and if so what? Or should the man pay all the expenses simply because he is the man?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 5 years ago.
Hello together

Are you the man or the woman?

How long have you been together?

Chase
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i AM THE MAN.ABOUT 16 YEARS OFF AND ON/
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for that additional info.I believe it really depends on your personality type. Some men think that they should take care of all of the bills, and everything else, while others think the woman should pull her share. Some women think that it's a man's duty to take care of everything, while others wouldn't dream of not pitching in.

I look at it this way, if you are going to live your life together, and you both work, and make about the same amount, then why not share the bills? Maybe the man might want to handle a few extras, so that the woman can have money to do her woman things (hair, nails, shop, ), it's a fact that a woman needs and uses more personal products than a man.....but that's totally up to what the two of you agree upon, which brings me to my next point....

One of the biggest arguments in a relationship is money, so the best thing to do is to sit down BEFORE moving in together and deciding on who's going to pay what. Make a list of all of the household bills, and then delegate the responsibility or who will manage the bills, who will pitch in what amount, and how it will get paid (mail, bank, online, etc). Also, decide if there will be a joint account for unexpected expenses (car breaks down, something breaks, or even dinner on the town). If you're not going to get married, are each of you going to have separate bank accounts? Check into the laws of your state relating to common law marriage, and if you do decide to get married, check the laws of your state regarding property and assets. Take into consideration paying debts and notes as well as other expenses.

I don't see the sense of one person paying all the bills, and the other person keeping all of their money, unless you are rich and just don't care about or need the money. Even if you pay the rent/utilities, etc and she pays for the food shopping. You have to figure out what works for you and her. I welcome your thoughts, let me know if you want to talk more.

Warmly

Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience: Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues