KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Experience:  Relationship expert for almost three years with

i lost touch,the other day the wife says im turning

i'' lost touch,the other day the wife says im turning to an old fart! i''m only 37years old. what can i do?or what 37 yr olds do now a days?what can i do to prove to my wife that i''m turning into a job takes alot from me,but i also get one week somtimes two out of the month to devot to 3 kids(5,8,11)and my wife its not like i dont make time for my wife i''ve been known to get babysitters for the night even granny an paw paw just to go to the show and dinner,but alot of time i like to spend at home maybe cause i''m gone the other three weeks out of the month.I really enjoy our time together and now that all the kids are in school its even better .

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-How long have you been married?

-What do you do for a living?

-Are you saying that most of the time you are busy and tired from work?

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to KimberlyF's Post: 6mo.married,river pilot,on mississippi,no not tired from work,maybe out of ideas?6mo into the marriage i dont want it to stall i would like to keep it fresh and not fall into routine.
you know asking the question what you want to do tonite i dont know what do want to do?i would love to avoid that.but when im away from home i get ideas of what we could do but with 3 children,i have come up with ideas for all of us.I geuss my question is (I'm 37 is this the way things are supposed to be)

Age really has nothing to do with it it's the fact that you work so much and with children it's hard to find some one on one time, maybe if you try to do something as a family two nights out of the week that you are home and then maybe three nights out of the week make that for just you and your wife, I think your wife may be tired of being in the house because of you being gone she is the primary care giver to the children and she may just be tired of sitting in the house with nothing to do so that when you come home she wants to do something exciting. She doesn't mean that the marriage is stall she just feels as though life is wasting away by sitting in the house and doing nothing. Maybe instead of dinner and movie or play try taking her away for the weekend just the two of you for the whole weekend at a nice hotel or resort, make it your honeymoon all over again.

I think your wife just wants to feel appreciated and cherished, just the fact that you came here and asked your question shows that you want to make your wife happy and feel loved and appreciated. She may feel that things are stuck in a routine and that routine never changes and she may be getting bored with just being a mother and wife, she may want to feel like she actually matters to you as a person not just the mother of the children. I have included some sites that I found may help you get some ideals of how to make your marriage exciting and not feel so stalled:

6 Tips for Keeping the Spark Alive In Your Marriage (After Children) - Marriage - Relationships - Family Resource

A Marital Spark: 6 Principles For More Passion And Energy In Marriage | Zen Habits