KimberlyF
KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Experience:  Relationship expert for almost three years with JustAnswer.com

Ive known my friend/boyfriend for two years and

Customer Question

I''ve known my friend/boyfriend for two years and we use to go out to eat and the movies, and we hold hands, hug and kiss. He told me that he has a girlfriend and I haven''t had a chance to ask him why is he still talking to me. I have mixed feelings about him. What is a good way to discuss this issues with him? He gave me a key to his apartment.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 5 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. By the way, it would help me to know:

-What are your ages?

-How long have has he had a girlfriend?

-How long have you been going on dates now, the whole two years?

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting me with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that I can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I will be 34 this month and he will be 32 this month. He states that he has had a gf for 4 months, i didn't find out until June. Yes, we've dated off and on for two years. We like each other, but I don't know if he has feelings for me. I have feelings for him, but I haven't told him. He said that he can't handle two women and he knows that he can't have his cake. He did tell me that as for as him and I he would like for us to have a one man/one woman relationship and he wants us to be close like we once was. as far as his gf i don't know what he is planning to do regarding her. I also told him that i want him and i to be close, but i haven't had a chance to tell him that if he and i do decide to date, that it's going to be us and no one else. (Hopefully) I want him to make a decision on what he's going to do and hopefully he will stick with it. He depends on me a lot. we meet up after work like we had done when we first met.
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 5 years ago.
Customer

You have to make him decide between the two of you and it needs to be done now it's not fair to either of you to have to share him with each other and since he has given you a key to his apartment I don't really think you have anything to worry about as far as him picking the other woman unless he also gave her a key too then you may have something to worry about. You have been dating off on for two years that is enough time for him to know if it is you he wants or someone else. Don't sell yourself short put it all on the table as to what you want out of your relationship don't wait for him to decide he seems to be dragging his feet. Tell him that you love him if that is the way you feel about him maybe he is dragging his feet because he is not certain how you feel about him and he doesn't want to give up the current girlfriend if you are not serious about him.

If you want to win him over the best thing for you to do is tell him exactly how you feel even if you think it will scare him, he will appreciate that you are being totally honest with him. It's only been 4 months he started dating this other woman so I'm quite sure he doesn't have too many feelings for her yet so why wait until he does. Make your move now or soon before anything has a chance to blossom between the two of them. Next time you meet each other for dinner or movies tell him how you feel and make sure you make total eye contact so that he knows you're serious about what you are saying he will see the sincerity in your eyes and hear it in your voice.

KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Experience: Relationship expert for almost three years with JustAnswer.com
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
okay i will do that. now, he won't answer my calls or text messages so that i can discuss the issues with him. i don't know how else to get in touch with him. he gets mad when i don't answer his messaages.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
he hasn't told his gf that he's seeing someone else. it's not fair to keep going on.
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 5 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok i will. we just spoke earlier this week. i perfer to tell him face to face. there is another issue, i don't have his current address, and he doesn't go to his previous address that often. i don't think he checks his e-mail that often. thank you very much Kimberly. Do you have any other advice?