KimberlyF
KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Experience:  Relationship expert for almost three years with JustAnswer.com
1572083

Its been 6month since my ex gf broke up with me. I

Customer Question

Its been 6month since my ex gf broke up with me. I have thought about reasons why we broke up and admit i have some faults. She has a new bf and i have a gf. i still love my ex gf how can i get her back. Am not sure if she wants me back but at least is it ok for me to try. She current has a boyfriend!!
Category: Relationship
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 6 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. By the way, it would help me to know:

-What are your ages?

-How long did you date?

-How long ago did you break up?

-Do you talk to her at all?

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting me with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that I can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am 23 and she is 19
We dated for almost 2 and half years. And we have been broken up officially for like 4 months.
I last spoke to her about a month ago on the phone. After we spoke she sent my brother a message saying i seem off with her and she didnt want me to be angry with her. She always says to me she doesnt want to loose our friendship. At one point she sent me a message saying i dont care about her because i never kept in touch with her. And also said she talked about me all the time to her current boyfriend and he was jealous of me. I didnt ask her why he was jealous didnt think it was fair for me to read missing into what she was saying.
At the beginning of our relationship, i was really honest about alot of things that had happened in my past experience with her. I felt i had to tell her most things because she was really unsecure about herself and i felt it was needed to gain her trust.
So she ended the relationship because she dont trust me. I have thought about things alot over the last 4month by taking sometime off on hols and also tried alot to forget about her, but everything i see or do reminds me of her. I am presently seeing a new girl and its just not going right just feels like i am rebounding and really dont want that happening. I have learnt my mistakes and just want a change with her. I hope all this information helps for a concrete answer
thanks
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 6 years ago.
Customer

It first is very important that you are honest with your current girlfriend about your feelings for the ex girlfriend because it isn't fair to her if she doesn't have your full attention in the relationship and in order to even consider having a chance with the ex having a girlfriend does not help matters. Maybe you should be by yourself for a while and working on the feelings you have for the ex so that you can sort out if they are true feelings or just missing something that was in your life for 2 years. It is also important for you to tell your ex the feelings you are having for her that is the only way you will know if you even have a chance with her, she won't know how you feel unless you express them to her but be ready for possibly being turned down if she is with someone else it's a chance you have to be willing to take.

She may be feeling the same way that you are but because you didn't stay in contact with her over the break up period she may have taken that as meaning you don't want anything to do with her, you have to tell her that you needed that time to get over her but you just never could get over what you had together. Tell her that you have been thinking a lot about the relationship and what went wrong and you felt that you could have done things differently and you want the opportunity to show her that you are a different person and you want to show her through your actions and not just words.

You do have to consider that she has a boyfriend and may have moved on and just wants to be friends with you now are you willing to accept that from her just being her friend? We never know what the past brings but for now she may be content with who she is with now and having her in your in any way is much better than not having her in your life at all, these are questions you have to consider in making your decision of whether to tell her or not, but I think you should be honest with both you current girlfriend and your ex about your feelings or else you will only be living a lie and it won't make you happy.

KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Experience: Relationship expert for almost three years with JustAnswer.com
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What about the fact shes got a new boyfriend wouldnt that hamper my chances of getting back with her. And also the last time we spoke she told me she wasnt happy because she got involved with a guy that has a lot of issue with his ex gf and also kids. she mentioned to me she wishes she never got involves with him and she should have taking her time before she got involved with him. Can i reignite her feelings for me?
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 6 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.