Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues

My boyfriend constantly asks me for money. Is this love

Customer Question

Ive been dating my current boyfriend going on three years. He''s 37 i''m 24. When i first met things were nice...he seemed to be all about me. I dont know how it started with him asking for money but its turned into an everyday thing. He has no shame in his game. I wont even be in the front door all the way b4 hes asking for money. He calls me when we''re not together and asks me to pay his phone bill for him while i''m out. Or he''ll call and ask me to call and order food for him and pay with credit. He even comes past my job to get money (even while i was 8 months pregnant with his son) <<---thats a whole nother topic. But he''s not working, hes had a couple of jobs on and off while weve been together. Even when he was working he still asked for money. I even purchased a car with alot of convincing from him and he would drop me off at work and not come and pick me up or not answer his phone in the morning and force me to catch a cab to work. Mind you i''m the only one putting gas in the car. Everytime we''ve ever been out i''ve paid for everything. Hes never even gotten me a card for my birthday, valentines day or any holiday for that matter. Even though i always get him something. Hes been claiming that he wants to marry me but why would i want to have a grown dependent. Now i have son with him whos 1 month old and i''m finally starting to wake up. Why couldnt i realize what a loser he was before i got pregnant? Is it to hard to believe that he came to the hospital after our son was born (mind u he missed the birth) and asked me for money. And he wants us to get a place together...i dont think so. I mean i want to so bad...but deep inside i know we cant be together. I''ll be homeless, dealing with him.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 5 years ago.
Hello Tjones,

When is the last time he worked?

Is he working now?

Is he providing for his son?

Do you think you are ready to leave now that you have a child with him?

Chase
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Reply to Ms Chase's Post: He had 2 jobs in these 3 years. Both he had for about a month. The most recent one he had about 4 months ago. He just stopped showing up for work.

No hes not providing for his son, which i'm not surprised. But i was hoping he shocked me and got him something...anything.

Now that i have a child with him i'm fed up. I feel like hes dragging me down and i dont want my son to have to go without because i'm giving his dad all my money. But for some reason i keep giving and feeding into this relationship.
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 5 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.