KimberlyF
KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Experience:  Relationship expert for almost three years with JustAnswer.com
1572083

Im a bit confused about this girl I work with.

Customer Question

I'm a bit confused about this girl I work with. I'll wait for a response from you before I go into more detail about the situation.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer.By the way, it would help me to know:

-What is your age?

-Do you like this girl?

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting me with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that I can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for the quick response.

I'm 18 and yes I do like this girl, a lot.

I only work with her on sundays, and we basically spend our entire 8hour shift together.
We talk a lot and she laughs at pretty much everything i say. When we're not together, I always catch her staring at me from a distance.
She seems to get very annoyed when I talk to another girl, even if it's just a customer asking for help. She's told me her deepest, darkest secrets that only her parents know, and told me a number of times she trusts me.
Just two days ago, it was extremely hot and I was feeling very dehydrated, but wasn't able to take a break to get a drink. I didn't say anything to her, but she knew how I was feeling, and she went upstairs to the staff room and bought me a drink.

Now, I would say these are sure-fire signs that she likes me, but i've asked her about it before, and she's denied everything.
She's not like this with anyone else, only me. A number of people have actually asked us how long we've been a couple.
I'm a bit puzzled that she can't see what's going on, yet other people can.
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 8 years ago.
Customer

I think it's time for you to tell her how you feel she may be waiting for you to do that so that she can make sure the feelings are mutual and that is why she may have denied feelings for you she doesn't want to tell you she likes you if you are only going to turn her down, if she knows your true feelings then she will realize that those feelings are indeed felt by you also. Try asking her for her number if you haven't already this way you can have some sort of contact outside of work. Get a feel for what she likes to do and then after a couple of days of talking on the phone, ask her out to do something she likes she will appreciate the fact that you are willing to do what she wants to prove yourself to her even if it is something you wouldn't normally do.

You shouldn't let someone who cares so much for you get away, the next time you see her looking at you from a distance give her a smile and let her know that you see her too. Compliment her about how pretty she looks or the fact that she has a nice laugh and you like when she is happy this will give her signs that you like her also and could make her feel more comfortable about telling you she likes you, she may be afraid you will reject her if she told you everything and that it is safer to just deny it. That is why you are going to have to take the first step towards you having a relationship with her because she doesn't feel confident enough to take those steps.