TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues

I have a 33 year old ADD hyperactive daughter ...

Customer Question

I have a 33 year old ADD hyperactive daughter w/3children.No matter what I do I can not get along with. She makes something out of everything I say and do. She says she hates me when she gets angry and other mean things. It really hurts. I can''t walk off from my grandchildren. She refuses to take her medication. Is there anything I can do? She has been divorced twice doesn''tget along with family the kids have mostly lived with me & her dad.She resents it but she leaves them. She wants to blame me for everything that goes wrong in her life . And all I want to do is be there for her and mostly her children.When she gets mad she uses them and says shes not going to let us see the kids because she knows that hurts us. But it hurts thrm also.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.
Hello Mema,

Are you looking for advice about your relationship with your daughter, or are you looking for legal advice?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
My relationship with my daughter. Is there any way I can have one with her? Or is it impossible? I can't even find a way to have a conversation with her.
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.
Has it always been this way?

When was she diagnosed? Why won't she take her meds?

What have you tried so far?

How old are the children?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It got this way when she started dating. She was diagnosed in 1st grade says she doesn't like the way meds make her fill took herself off in 11th grade we were told we couldn't make her because of her age when she went to college went back on meds so she could do the work- she is RN came back off meds after school goes back to being mean and unable to talk to.Kids are now 10 & 7. I've asked her to go to talk to someone with me she says theres nothing wrong with her she does'tneed to. I ask her to go places and be together and talk no luck. I don't what to do.