Kate McCoy
Kate McCoy, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues
54658078

my boyfriend and dated a year when i was a sophomore and he ...

Customer Question

my boyfriend and dated a year when i was a sophomore and he was a senior in high school. Last year i was a junior and he was a freshman in college when he left for college and we were on and off, but now its summer and we are back together and he says he doesn''t want to stay together when he leaves for college. I want to be with him but how can i get him to change his mind ?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 6 years ago.
Has he said why he doesn't want to stay together?

What are your ages?

How far away from him will you be?

Why did you split up last time? was it for the school year, or for the summer?

What made the two of you get back together?

Chase
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Ms Chase's Post: he has just said that it would be too much pressure and that he doesn't want a girlfriend away.

im almost 18 and he's almost 19

i am about 2 hours away

we split up last time because he went away to college and we tried it out when he left, but i was to dependent on him while he was there and he couldn't take the pressure, so we were together when he was home and not when he was away. Then we really broke up i was heart broken it was only for a part of the school year. we got back together when he got home for summer he didn't think we would but he gave us a chance. I tried dating people during the year, but i have given my heart to him and i don't want to loose him again.

we got back together because we love eachother we could hook up with other people but in the end it all comes back to us. We fight alot though.

Help me keep him please !!!