KimberlyF
KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Experience:  Relationship expert for almost three years with JustAnswer.com
1572083

How to end a stagnant Relationship

Customer Question

Been with this person for 17 yrs total, 5 of those were in marriage. i divorced him because he didnt take me seriously and he cheated on me. now I feel dumb, cause he is still around and I allowed it, but know that I''m 39 i want so much more for my self and our kids think i should leave him too, I''ll say go, he says he wants tomarry me and make it right....,still not married and I feel so used I''m confused and feel dumb for believing him, how do I part ways and him truly understand its about me not him and some other guy? I''m just ready to live for me.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer.

The only way you can do that is through your actions he stays because you never really told him to leave and meant it and so he didn't take you seriously and plus the fact that you have put up with him for so many years also made him believe that you could not do without him but you have to show him that you can do without him or any other man in your life and it's time for you to take some YOU TIME, some time to work on you and what makes you happy, you've spent so many years trying to make him happy that you lost who you were and it's time to find who you are again and what you like and want out of life. You are only 39 years old and you are young yet why waste anymore time being miserable with your ex husband it's not like you have to divorce him because you are already divorced. There was a reason you divorced him and that should have been a hint that things would not have gotten better after that, believe in yourself enough to get strong and be on your own without all of the hurt and pain that he had caused. If you have anything to add click reply I am here as long as you need me to be.

Thank you again for trusting me with your problem.