KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Experience:  Relationship expert for almost three years with

one of my beat friends from high school found me

Customer Question

one of my beat friends from high school found me though the computer after30+ years apart. we''ve been chatting back and for and now we''re are falling in love. a love i''ve never felt before.   we both want to make this work, but w''re 1000 miles apart. i don''t want to mess this up! please help us! thank you, carolyn
Category: Relationship
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 7 years ago.

Hi Carolyn. Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. By the way, it would help me to know:

-How old are the two of you now?

-How long have you been talking romantically?

-Are you planning to visit each other?

-Are either of you able to move to where the other is?

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting me with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that I can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to KimberlyF's Post: i just turned 49 and he'll be 50! in 2 weeks.

we've been talkin about it for about 3 weeks now.

he'll be coming down to visit me Aug 1st

at this time neither of us can move, jobs/children. he did say that if he could find a job here, he would consider moving down here. his mom lives in the next county. we never new that either.

when we first started talking he told me that he had a crush on me, (i never new it)and he's always thought about me, thats why he never gave up looking for me. after sharing those thoughts and laughing alot about the old times we spent togher, we grew closer again and the conversation turned romantic. we talk all the time now. Don't laugh but, we text during the day. im chat in the evening and end our day together with a phone call. so much more tosay but i'm running out of space. thanks again, i sure need your advice..
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 7 years ago.

You should meet on Aug. 1st and see how things go and if you still feel that romantic attraction then you shouldn't let him get away a second time. How many people can say they reconnected with someone from their past and fell in love with them. If he is willing to move to you then don't turn that down it is much harder to have a long distance relationship so if he is able to find work near you support him in that. Just take your time and get reacquainted with him learn each other all over again unless you just started where you left off.

You really have nothing to lose in this case you are both attracted to each other and single, you will know when you meet how things are going and if you still feel that attraction. Although you've known each before you have been talking for only 3 weeks don't make any snap decisions enjoy each other and if you both still want to be together and closer to each other and he can find a job then I say go for it. If you take your time there is no way you can mess things up just think you have looked for each other for 30+ years what is a little more time getting to know each other again and making sure you do thing right.

Some people wait a lifetime to get a second chance at love and just think you have a second chance at having it all an old friend, a lover, a soul mate, a partner in life. Grab onto to that and cherish that if you cherish what you have you usually don't take that for granted.