KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Experience:  Relationship expert for almost three years with

Is it possible to get an ex back even if hte relationship ...

Customer Question

Is it possible to get an ex back even if hte relationship was only 3 months and very rocky
Category: Relationship
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What are your ages?

-How long ago did you break up?

-When you say it was rocky how was it rocky?

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to KimberlyF's Post: I am 33, he is 28.   We officially broke up 2 weeks ago.   We have talked and seen eachother since then, however, the last time we talked (5 days ago), he got really heated and I had to leave.   I did speak to him later that night, but not since then.    It was wonderful in the beginning, we were VERY into eachother.   He began expressing how much he did care about me, then it was love, and I freaked because I was falling in love with him, and letting go of someone else.   It got REALLY rocky.   I turned into a total basket case and took everything out on him. I acted like a total lunatic, getting wasted and picking fights, not giving him his space, and just being plain belegerent.   He finally got sick of it. The draw that broke the camel's back, I was trying desperately to figure out what I wanted and in an argument, I told him I was in love w/ him AND this other man.   BUT, it was to get a reaction, and boy, did I get one.   I was tired of him vacillating back and forth.   He started to have doubts about us when I got confused and I then realized, I was in love with him. I have begged and pleaded, done all the things you're not supposed to.   It's so hard for me to accept because I know in my heart, I he did love me. From the moment I let him in, I thought we could get through anything. He is the one, I and I refuse to give up.   I have recently identified that I was letting go of this love I had for 2 years for someone who I WASN'T with (and who now wants to be with me) and I was falling in love wtih my ex.   MY LORD, did I screw things up. In our last conversation, he told me I made him "void" to me.   It broke my heart. To see the man I know is the one for me, standing in front of me and NOT reaching out to hold me close to him, killed me and I am having a really hard time letting go.   Again, there has been NO contact since.    PLEASE HELP.   I can't lose him. I have apologized and tried to convince him I am NOT in love with anyone but him and he SWEARS this has NOTHING to do with it.
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 8 years ago.

The reason he said those things is because he got fed up with feeling rejected by you and now he may want you feel that same feelings if you think he was in love with you then he probably is still in love or has love for you but doesn't trust you right now so you are going to have to get that trust back and it will be a gradual thing it's not going to happen over night and go right back to the way things were in the beginning you have to start all over. I have complied some steps in which you can take to win him back:

First, start by working on yourself and your behavior that caused the break up. This is what is keeping him from coming back he didn't like the person you had become so identify the behavior and work on it.

Second, try being his friend and not asking for a relationship! Make him see who he fell in love with in the first place, what about you attracted him and follow that example.

Third, some men don't like for a woman to beg for them to come back sometimes they see that as weakness and disparity, so don't do it even when the urge hits you to do so.

Four, win back his trust, tell him the truth whether you want to or not the truth is always better than a lie, even if you did it to get a reaction you got the wrong reaction and now you have to show him that you have matured and have grown and learned from your behavior.

Five, if you haven't already you have to leave go of anything about that other guy and only concentrate on winning him back. He felt like the third wheel and this is what pushed him away.

I have also given you some websites that may help you also: