KimberlyF
KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Experience:  Relationship expert for almost three years with JustAnswer.com
1572083

I have been seeing this guy for about a month now. I went ...

Customer Question

I have been seeing this guy for about a month now. I went over his house last night with some mutual friends and we had a drink. After awhile I started to feel queezy. I told him that I wasn't feeling well and was going to go home. I only live up the street, so he walked me home. When we got to my door he asked me if I wanted to go to the fireworks my town is having tonight. I said sure, thanked him for walking me home, and went towards the house quickly because I was going to be sick.

I guess I am writing all this because he has yet to call me about going tonight. I am worried that maybe my going into the house abruptly might have given off a wrong signal. I am usually not this concerned about stuff like this, but I really like this guy and don't want to screw things up.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. By the way, it would help me to know:

-What are your ages?

-Is he usually the one to call?

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting me with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that I can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to KimberlyF's Post: I am 22 and he is 28.

He has been the one who usually does the calling. I wouldn't have a problem calling, but I don't have a number to reach him at at the moment because he doesn't have one.

I really do not know if there is anything else to say that would explain the situation. Like I said I usually don't worry about this stuff, but I like this guy and want to keep seeing him. I don't want to think that I don't because of the way that I kind of ran into the house last night after he walked me home.
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 8 years ago.

Customer

You have two choices you could wait for him to call you and hope that he didn't get the wrong message or you could walk to his house and explain what happened last night at his get together. If you don't want to lose this guy you have to do something to let this guy know you still want to date him and see him. If the fireworks are tonight you can not wait too much longer you will have to find out if he still plans on taking. You said he only lives down the street couldn't you walk down and just say to him I was just wondering if we were still on for tonight?

Maybe if you tell him that you really like him, this way he will know that you aren't trying to get rid of him or push him away. You don't want a misunderstanding to be the cause of you not seeing each other anymore over something so petty. If you do talk to him tell him you weren't feeling well last night and it had nothing to do with him. He will understand if you explain to him but if you leave things the way they are you may not have another chance to explain things to him. Let me know if you something to add.