Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues

My husband had prostate cancer and cannot have sex. As a ...

Customer Question

My husband had prostate cancer and cannot have sex. As a result I have not had sex in a while. How, other than depression, will this affect me physically. I am not satisfied by the ''sex'' we do have. it is not fulfilling and I do not want to be unfaithful to him. I feel as though my life is in a huge funk.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.
Hello Lucia,

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, I know it's very difficult. I would like to help if I can, let me ask you a few questions

How old is your husband? How long have you been married?

How long has it been since you had sex? He cannot have sex at all? Is he able to get an erection?

Are the two of you intimate in other ways (holding, cuddling, kissing, oral sex, mutual masturbation, etc)?

How does he feel about it all? Has he made any suggestions or is he not dealing with it?

Have the two of you discussed it?

Can you explain about the sex apparatus? Do you mean vibrators, dildos or?

I have other questions, but these are enough for now. I will wait to hear back from you.

Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.
Hello Lucia,

Did you see my questions?

Do you want to answer them?