Lindie
Lindie, Parent
Experience:  Parent/Step Mother: With 20+ years experience.
163146

Is it time to get a divorce

Customer Question

Well, the truth is that 8 years ago I dated and married a man I did not love because I was getting old. In fact, he kind of repulsed me. I had a daughter with him 5 years ago, we have a beautiful house and a nice family. The thing is I am not attracted to him in the least and can''t bear the thought of him touching me.   I have thought about living this way to keep the family together and because I am scared to date and have heart break. What is your advice?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Lindie replied 8 years ago.

When it comes down to it, only you can decide what is right for you. You know you're not happy and you're not in love. You have two choices, stay for the family and security of your life and never take the chance of finding someone you really love. Or leave and even if you don't find someone else. Then at least you wouldn't have to endure the fact of feeling repulsed by someone touching you.

If you do leave, it's best to leave without thinking of having someone else to love. As you may never find someone. If you do happen to find someone to love, then that is the bonus. So it's more of the question can you make it on your own and would you at least be happy on your own? Otherwise, you are putting every-ones feelings before you own. And you can't raise your daughter to be happy if you are just settling yourself. So decide if you should leave or if you can truly find some place in your heart for your husband now. Which if it's been 8 years, and you have never loved this man. Then chances are you never will. And to be fair to him, he should also have someone that loves him as well.

I hope this helps and gives you some things to think about, so that you can make the best choice for you and your life.

If you need anything else please feel free to ask. If you found this helpful don't forget to click the *ACCEPT* button and please take a moment to leave me *POSITIVE* feedback.